Hi WPBA Saturday Competition Teams,
Good luck for your first game back tomorrow morning! We are very excited to have everyone back on court.
Please see important information for your competition.
Once again, Teammo is where the majority of teams will make payments for their match fees (does not include club teams who are invoiced). For those new to the the domestic competition, you can sign up for Teammo at this link. https://teammo.com.au/partners/western-port-basketball
A reminder that teams will need to connect the new season in their Teammo account. If you are unsure of how to do this, please click this link to watch how to do it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lX9jSgADB3jovjbmYtbpkHszd023cBCp/view?usp=sharing
Please see announcement from Basketball Victoria below regarding the introduction of size 5 basketballs for U12 competitions by clicking here.
This change will be effective for all WPBA U10 and U12 domestic competitions from round 1 of the Summer 2021/22 season.
Spalding are currently out of stock of size 5 basketballs however once available we will be stocking several options for our members to buy in our merchandise shop. If teams are training at the Somerville Recreation Centre during the week, please come into the office and we can provide you with some size 5 balls to use for your training sessions.
Fixtures & Restrictions
Fixtures can be accessed at this link. https://www.playhq.com/basketball-victoria/org/western-port-basketball-association/domestic-summer-202122/ed4c77aa
A reminder of tomorrows restrictions:
- All patrons aged 16 and over must provide proof of double vaccination on entry of the Somerville Recreation Centre as well as scanning the available QR codes.
- Entry will not be permitted unless proof of vaccination is shown and sign in is done via the QR code system.
- Players must leave the court area immediately after their game finishes.
- Players should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your game.
- Masks continue to be mandatory for those who are 12 and over inside unless actively playing, coaching or officiating.
- Maximum 1 x coach, team manager and scorer per team (not counted as a spectator)
- Maximum 1 x parent/guardian spectator per player under the age of 18 only (this includes siblings and children)
We understand that the impact of these restrictions may cause logistical issues for your team. If you cannot play or need support in any way please do not hesitate to contact me on 0451051998 or ring the office on 59777533.
Again, Good luck for your game tomorrow. We are very excited to have you back.