BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
• Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports
• Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being;
• Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured;
• Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed;
• Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling;
• Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence;
• Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills;
• Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches;
• Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Aussie Hoops through to the elite level; and
• Aussie Hoops provides a structured and federally endorsed program for children to participate in over a five year period.
Term 3 Sessions & Information
For term 3 we will be offering an 8 week program with sessions running on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and a Friday starting the week of July 18th
All session are held at Somerville Recreation centre from 4pm for 45 minutes.
Aussie Hoops is all about teaching the fundamentals of basketball to 5-10 year olds through game based activities with a huge focus on fun and inclusivity. Athletes work in small groups that are streamed according to their developmental level, however friendship groups are always respected.